Action for Transparency (A4T) project seeks to engage a Consultant to mentor two investigative journalists for three months, in order to enable them improve their skills in planning, getting credible sources, gathering facts, analysing facts/data, and produce quality investigative stories on suspected mismanagement of public funds and corruption in the Kenyan public service delivery sector of health and education.
We are looking for:
– Veteran journalists with over 10 years’ experience in reporting on transparency and accountability issues
– Journalists with exemplary track record/ award(s) in feature/long-form story telling /or data mining and analysis
– Individuals with diversity and experience in different media i.e. – online, TV/Radio broadcast, print
– Availability to mentor two journalists for 3 months, with expected physical meetings
– Demonstrated experience in training and mentorship of journalists
Download the terms of reference HERE.